trying to navigate a cluttered mind / life

Friday, June 25, 2004

Geez. I gotta start posting more.

Well, my not having a job came back to bite us in the ass. We went to close on our mortgage on Monday, and they called to verify my employment (you remember...the job I quit? Yeah...that one.) So naturally, the deal was called off. By some miracle, the mortgage company was able to re-work another offer WITHOUT my income factored in (?!), so we're supposed to close on that one this coming Monday. God, I hope this works, because if it doesn't, we'll lose the house.

Meanwhile, the job search continues. I have several "cattle call" interviews coming up, including one for Cox Communications, one for Radio Shack, and one for a financial services company. I'm still toying around with the idea of a print brokerage and graphic design/support services, but I'm not quite ready (set-up wise) at home for that yet. I've registered "thatprintguy.com" and "thatgraphicsguy.com", so, I'll be That Print Guy and That Graphics Guy for a while...we'll see what happens (maybe)!

So far, my Web Design class seems to be going well. I'm learning some stuff (mostly refresher stuff at the moment, but this week, I have to learn CSS!), but I'm a bit behind on things (I have a discussion that's a week overdue). Nothing like early this year, though...so that's good.

I'm hoping to move this blog to my personal site when it's complete...I guess we'll see how that goes, too. ;)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger