trying to navigate a cluttered mind / life

Thursday, April 22, 2004

It's quarter past midnight. I didn't work today, because I had a dentist appointment, and I had to get a bunch of homework done before Saturday's deadline.

I went to the dentist.

I didn't get my homework done.

Not for lack of trying, mind you. I tried many times throughout the day to sit down and do this mountain of work I have neglected for the last 4.5 weeks. I just couldn't get anything done. I never can at home. Too many interruptions.

So now, it's quarter past midnight, and I just went to the drug store to satisfy my urgent craving for Robin Eggs. All the unsold Easter candy was gone, though, so I had to settle for a carton of Whoppers. I normally can't stand malted milk balls, but for some reason, for the past few weeks, I've just had a strong craving for them. So here I sit, downing Whoppers and typing in my blog, trying to build up some momentum for an all-nighter so I can try to get some homework done. I know I won't finish it all, but maybe I can get enough done so that it won't seem so impossible to finish on Friday night or Saturday.

A couple of bonuses for the day, though: I got a chance to submit a couple of city job applications. I'm not holding my breath, but at least I got to get 'em in. That's something, at least. And I got in on the beta test of Google's GMail service (as I was signing in to type this, in fact). The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't play well with Safari, so that's kinda stinky...but I'm in Firefox now, and things seem to be going fine. I think I'm going to transfer all my LEM swap stuff to my new GMail account ;)

Ugh. I think I ate too many Whoppers.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger